Looking for a steady paycheck and growth potential?
Advance your job to a career in manufacturing - it's cleaner, modern and in-demand!
What we can help with
If you have recently lost your job due to COVID 19, you are likely eligible for free job training to help connect you to an in-demand career.
Contact Number: 216-777-8200
We can assist with short term occupational training funding up to a year in length, utilizing Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funds for those who qualify.
- • WIOA is landmark legislation that is designed to strengthen and improve our nation's public workforce system and help get Americans, including youth and those with significant barriers to employment, into high-quality jobs and careers and help employers hire and retain skilled workers.
- • In order to be eligible for funding, applicants must be over the age of 18 with legal authorization to work in the United States and meet certain income guidelines or be classified as a Dislocated Worker.
- • The funding request process can take up to 10 weeks.
Occupational Skills Training is an organized program of study that provides specific vocational skills that lead to proficiency in performing actual tasks and technical functions required by certain occupational fields at entry, intermediate, or advanced levels and results in attainment of a recognized post-secondary credential.
Those who receive an Individualized training account have the following parameters: $6,000.00 maximum for ITA training funded by OMJ|CC. Exceptions to the $6,000.00 threshold will be in the following sectors:
1. Information Technology sector for in-demand occupations where the ITA maximum amount will be $8,500.00;
2. Manufacturing sector for in-demand occupations where the ITA maximum amount will be $7,500.00;
3. Health Care sector for in-demand occupations where the ITA maximum amount will be $7,500.00;
- o If you are interested in occupational training OMJ|CC will connect you to one of our friendly Training Specialist staff members. The training specialist will work with you to discuss current skill set, suitability, work history and career interests. You and the training specialist will work together to form an Individual Plan of Employment (IPE) that establishes goals, objectives and timelines for pursued training programs.
Basic digital skills
Microsoft Suite, Grow with Google
Advanced information technology
Software coding, cybersecurity, help desk
Welder, CNC operator
Pharmacy technician, certified medical assistant, registered nurse
Transportation and logistics certifications
What you can do
Access free online learning tools using your Cuyahoga County library card. Get a library card.
Learn business, technology, and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals using free video courses on the latest software, taught by industry experts. Online videos are available for Developer, IT, Business, Marketing, Photography, 3D+Animation, Video, Web and more.
Learning Express Library
This resource offers practice tests, exercises, and skill building courses to help you further your personal and professional development. Make sure you allow pop-ups before using Learning Express Library. Occupation practice tests include Ohio Civil Service, CDL, Nursing, Fire Fighter, EMT, Law Enforcement, Teaching, GED, ACT, SAT, GRE, TOEFL and U.S. Citizenship.
Other resources and learning tools from the library
Check with the library today for the latest offerings.